Saturday, 16 March 2013

Post 24: Evaluation Questions & Tasks Question 3

What have you learned from your audience feedback?

I carried out some audience questionnaires. I first showed members of our target audience (of various ages) the finished film then asked them a variety of questions.
1. What was your initial reaction to the film?
2. What do you think of the use of music?
          - Montages
          - Background noise
          - Opening sequence
3. What did you think about the use of montages?
4. How did you react to this topic?
5. Did you find the characters believable?
         - Did you believe the twist at the end?
6. How effective do you think the ending is?
7. Who do you think the target audience would be?
8. What improvements would you like to see?

Feedback 1
Feedback 2

As well as getting people to watch the film and then answer the questions there and then we decided to put what we had half way through the editing stage on to YouTube and then put a link on Facebook. this would mean that we could get more people to see it and feedback from different kinds of audiences. Unfortunately because we put it on to Katie's Facebook and she isn't 18 yet the link to her wall wont work so I have print screened the post and comments.

 Here is a close up of the comments:

After hearing the feedback of the audience’s views after watching our opening sequence we now have a better understanding of what they thought and ideas on how we could improve it if we were to do it again. I think that asking for feedback (especially from Dudi Appleton)throughout the process  of making producing the film helped us focus on what the target audience would want. I think that our end storyline and characters are believable and will make audiences think about the issues raised in the film and how easily grooming can go unnoticed. If I was going to make the film again I would make sure more attention was paid to the lighting and sound because in certain scenes the lack of attention has caused some continuity problems. Another point that was brought up by the audience feedback was the quality of the shots, such as the mobile and email montage. I agree with the feedback and would have liked them to be more focused and steady so they were easier to read. Overall the majority of the feedback from all the clips was positive with only a few points about the sound lighting that could be improved upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment